22 November 2011

Remembrance

KROQ-FM played their music in 1983. I remember the INXS song "Don't Change" was getting airplay the same time as Tears for Fears song "Change".
I remember making my friend Annette go to Magic Mountain with me in 1983 to go see my new favorite band for the first time. Years following, I saw them in concert about eight more times in Los Angeles, Irvine, and San Francisco. And then in 1997 I remember getting a call from my friend Cathy from So. Cal. one evening while I was working at my 2nd job. She had just heard the tragic news that Michael Hutchence was found dead in a hotel room in Sydney and called to break the news to me. I remember walking home that evening in a daze.
The end of a life and an era of a band.

Today marks 14 years.

On a different note, I'm glad the talented band has continued on and have recently started touring with their newest member Ciaran Gribben who seems like a fine musician.





"Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them."
~ George Eliot

No comments: