23 October 2014

Year of the Horse

Aged redwood trees, and aging me enjoying the afternoon sun. A  weekday hike with my husband to breathe the air, exercise, and clear our minds. Celebrating a new year around the sun. This one will be different. Being born in year-of-the-horse, it arrives with new opportunity. Opportunity to live in an entirely different way. This is a year of exploration via travel. Travel to experience new places, challenge myself, and watch carefully for passion and direction. It also comes with getting rid of nearly all material possessions. Trying to ruthlessly prioritize what stays with a minimum of storage boxes. I've never done anything like this before. I'm sure it will be liberating at some point but right now I'm full of anxiety. Meditation (breathing) and yoga will be necessary and important practices to include.

No comments: