17 March 2009

Flowers

Sometimes when I'm reading too much (is that possible?) and consumed with other people's words, I jump on this blog, find pictures that inspire me and start writing my own.

As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "Earth laughs in flowers."

Flowers provide an endless sources of color and beauty, hence why I post flower pictures often. They simply make me happy. From sunflowers, to lilies, to ranunculus, geraniums in flower boxes, rose gardens, etc.

This photo reminds me of Pike Place Market in Seattle, and Farmers Markets in general. There's something inspiring about walking around all the local, seasonable produce and flowers. I already love healthy food, so a stroll through the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market makes it easy to browse for menu ideas. Hmm, maybe I will go soon, it's been awhile.

We recently spotted some yellow daffodils planted near trees in the main area of the Botanical Gardens. This calls for a haiku.

Delight with me in
Spring daffodils and tulips
Smiles and bare feet
(A.P. 3/17/09)

Check out this lovely nugget I found:

The flower offered of itself
And eloquently spoke
Of Gods
In languages of rainbows
Perfumes
And secret silence...
~Phillip Pulfrey, from Love, Abstraction and other Speculations

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post!

How is it that every time you look in the mirror, you see flowers?


-an admirer